Year of Giving
Celebrating 10 Years
Celebrating 10 Years
1. The Ignite Magazine Inc. “Year of Giving” giveaway contest (the “Giveaway”) is open only to Canadian residents, excluding those of Quebec, who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Ignite Magazine Inc. (“Ignite”) and its affiliates, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
2. There are two ways to enter:
By mail: If you are an eligible entrant, you may enter the Giveaway between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019 (the “Giveaway Period”) by printing your first name, last name, telephone number, and email address on a plain white piece of paper and mail it to 6-1500 Upper Middle Road West, #317, Oakville, Ontario L6M 0C2, Attention: Year of Giving Entries (in an envelope with sufficient pre-paid postage) along with a fifty (50) to one hundred fifty (150) word unique and original handwritten essay on why you would like to enter the Giveaway (collectively, a “Mail-in Request”). To be eligible for the drawing in any particular Draw Period set out in section 18 below (each a “Draw Period”) during the Giveaway Period, a Mail-in Request must be post-marked during the applicable Draw Period. Upon receipt of your valid entry at the above address, you will be automatically entered in the Giveaway for the Draw Period in which your entry is received and any subsequent Draw Periods during the Giveaway Period, subject to the qualifications herein. Each Mail-in Request must be unique, and sent separately in an envelope with sufficient pre-paid postage. Ignite takes no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Mail-in Requests. No mechanically reproduced Mail-in Requests or facsimiles will be permitted. For greater certainty, any eligible entrant may submit a Mail-in Request. By submitting a Mail-in Request, you are confirming that you are of the age of majority in the Canadian province or territory in which you reside and that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules.
OR Online: You may enter the Giveaway online as follows:
In each case, you will then automatically be entered in the Giveaway for the applicable Draw Period and any subsequent Draw Periods, provided that if your subscription is cancelled for any reason then you will be disqualified and will no longer be eligible for the Giveaway. To be eligible for the drawing in any particular Draw Period during the Giveaway Period, each entrant must complete entry before 11:59:59 PM ET on the last day of the applicable Draw Period.
3. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of whether the entry is made by mail or online. All entries from individuals found to have entered more than once will be void.
4. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the person identified on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
5. Ignite is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by Ignite. All entries become the property of Ignite and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
6. One (1) or more prizes will be available to be won on each of the twelve (12) Draw Dates set out in section 18 below (each a “Draw Date”). At each Draw Date a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period corresponding with that Draw Date (see section 18 below) will be held. The first entrant whose entry form is drawn on the Draw Date and who otherwise complies with these Official Rules will be eligible to win a prize. The chance of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period prior to the relevant Draw Date.
7. At the outset of the Giveaway, there are a total of twelve (12) prizes available to be won. The number of prizes available will reduce as awarded. The prizes available to be won by valid entrants are to be announced from time to time on Ignite’s website at the following address: ignitemag.ca/year_of_giving. The approximate value of each prize will range from $100.00 to $3,000.00.
There is a limit of one (1) prize per person during the entire Giveaway Period.
8. Ignite will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone (if telephone number provided) and/or email within ten (10) business days following the relevant Draw Date. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time specified above, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms (outlined below) within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, is not otherwise an eligible entrant, or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner. To claim a prize, a potential winner must comply with these Official Rules for this Giveaway, must correctly answer unaided a time limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by Ignite and must fill out and return a Release within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
9. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Ignite and its agents, which are final and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that Ignite reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Return of any prize notification as non-deliverable or failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected in accordance with these Official Rules. All taxes for prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
10. By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Ignite may (unless prohibited by law) use winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, image and/or likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, without further review or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; and (2) to hold Ignite, its affiliates, agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Giveaway.
11. Ignite is not responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway. Ignite is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Giveaway or in the announcement of the prizes. Ignite assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Giveaway; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Giveaway; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Giveaway or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Giveaway.
12. Ignite reserves the right (1) to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Giveaway or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Giveaway; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Giveaway, for any reason, including if, in Ignite’s sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Ignite’s control destroys the integrity of this Giveaway or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway or any part thereof. Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic, or form filling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
13. Ignite also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway, or to be acting in any manner Ignite deems to be in violation of these Official Rules or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Ignite reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Giveaway in whole or in part.
14. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, IGNITE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
17. The Giveaway is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Giveaway and these Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Ontario.
18. Draw Date and Draw Period
Entries received during or prior to each Draw Period (during the Giveaway Period) will be eligible for the corresponding Draw Dates set out below:
|Draw Date||Draw Period|
|Sep. 7, 2018||12:01 AM EST on Aug. 1, 2018 to |
11:59 PM EST on Aug. 31, 2018
|Oct. 1, 2018||12:01 AM EST on Sep. 1, 2018 to |
11:59 PM EST on Sep. 30, 2018
|Nov. 1, 2018||12:01 AM EST on Oct. 1, 2018 to |
11:59 PM EST on Oct. 31, 2018
|Dec. 3, 2018||12:01 AM EST on Nov. 1, 2018 to |
11:59 PM EST on Nov. 30, 2018
|Jan 2, 2019||12:01 AM EST on Dec. 1, 2018 to |
11:59 PM EST on Dec. 31, 2018
|Feb. 1, 2019||12:01 AM EST on Jan. 1, 2019 to |
11:59 PM EST on Jan. 31, 2019
|Mar. 1, 2019||12:01 AM EST on Feb. 1, 2013 to |
11:59 PM EST on Feb. 29, 2019
|Apr. 1, 2019||12:01 AM EST on Mar. 1, 2019 to |
11:59 PM EST on Mar. 31, 2019
|May 1, 2019||12:01 AM EST on Apr. 1, 2013 to |
11:59 PM EST on Apr. 30, 2019
|Jun. 3, 2019||12:01 AM EST on May. 1, 2019 to |
11:59 PM EST on May. 31, 2019
|Jul. 2, 2019||12:01 AM EST on Jun. 1, 2019 to |
11:59 PM EST on Jun. 30, 2019
|Aug. 1, 2019||12:01 AM EST on Jul. 1, 2019 to |
11:59 PM EST on Jul. 31, 2019