IGNITE MAGAZINE INC.
LEARN ON US - OFFICIAL RULES
1. The Ignite Magazine Inc. “Learn on Us” Educational Pass giveaway contest (the “Giveaway”) is open only to Canadian residents, excluding those of Quebec, who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Ignite Magazine Inc. (“Ignite”) and its affiliates, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
2. There are two ways to enter:
By mail: If you are an eligible entrant, you may enter the Giveaway between October 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019 (the “Giveaway Period”) by printing your first name, last name, telephone number, and email address on a plain white piece of paper and mail it to 6-1500 Upper Middle Road West, #317, Oakville, Ontario L6M 0C2, Attention: Learn on Us Entries (in an envelope with sufficient pre-paid postage) indicating which Educational Pass you want to enter for, along with a fifty (50) to one hundred fifty (150) word unique and original handwritten essay giving three reasons why you would like to win a particular Educational Pass (collectively, a “Mail-in Request”). One mail-in entry per conference will be accepted. For your entry to be eligible for a particular conference, it must be received by the Deadline Period set out in section 18 below (each a “Deadline Period”) during the Giveaway Period. Upon receipt of your valid entry at the above address, you will be automatically entered in the Giveaway for the Educational Pass indicated in your entry, subject to the qualifications herein. Each Mail-in Request must be unique, and sent separately in an envelope with sufficient pre-paid postage. Ignite takes no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Mail-in Requests. No mechanically reproduced Mail-in Requests or facsimiles will be permitted. For greater certainty, any eligible entrant may submit a Mail-in Request. By submitting a Mail-in Request, you are confirming that you are of the age of majority in the Canadian province or territory in which you reside and that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules.
OR Online: You may enter the Giveaway online as follows:
You may enter the Giveaway by visiting ignitemag.ca/learn_on_us and completing the entry form associated with the Educational Pass you are interested in, which must include the completion of all mandatory questions and fields. An APPLY NOW button is next to each conference listing.
In each case, you will then be entered in the Giveaway for the applicable Education Pass, provided that you have entered prior to the particular Deadline Period of that Giveaway. Each entrant must complete entry before 11:59:59 PM ET on the last day of the applicable Deadline Period.
3. Limit one (1) entry per person, per Educational Pass, regardless of whether the entry is made by mail or online. All entries from individuals found to have entered more than once will be void.
4. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the person identified on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
5. Ignite is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by Ignite. All entries become the property of Ignite and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
6. One (1) or more passes will be available to be won for each of the five (5) Entry Deadline Dates set out in section 18 below (each a “Deadline Date”). At each Deadline Date, a volunteer committee formed by Ignite will review all entries and award the Educational Passes to the entrant(s) with the best answers, one week after the Deadline Date. The volunteer committee will assess entries based on: creativity, enthusiasm, and reasoning on why the entrant wants to attend the event.
7. At the outset of the Giveaway, there are a total of five (5) educational pass prizes available to be won (each an “Educational Pass”). The content of each Educational Pass available to be won by valid entrants are to be announced on Ignite’s website at the following address: ignitemag.ca/learn_on_us. The approximate value of each prize will range from $100.00 to $3,100.00, variable based on the conference registration fee value.
There is a limit of one (1) prize per person during the entire Giveaway Period.
8. Ignite will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone (if telephone number provided) and/or email within ten (10) business days following the relevant Deadline Date. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time specified above, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms (outlined below) within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of being selected as a potential winner, is not otherwise an eligible entrant, or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner. To claim a prize, a potential winner must comply with these Official Rules for this Giveaway, and must fill out and return a Release within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
Confirmation of Potential Winners
9. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Ignite and its agents, which are final and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that Ignite reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Return of any prize notification as non-deliverable or failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate entrant may be selected as runner up in accordance with these Official Rules. All taxes for prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
10. By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Ignite may (unless prohibited by law) use winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, image and/or likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, without further review or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; and (2) to hold Ignite, its affiliates, agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Giveaway.
11. Ignite is not responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway. Ignite is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Giveaway or in the announcement of the prizes. Ignite assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Giveaway; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Giveaway; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Giveaway or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Giveaway.
12. Ignite reserves the right (1) to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Giveaway or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Giveaway; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Giveaway, for any reason, including if, in Ignite’s sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Ignite’s control destroys the integrity of this Giveaway or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway or any part thereof. Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic, or form filling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
13. Ignite also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway, or to be acting in any manner Ignite deems to be in violation of these Official Rules or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Ignite reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Giveaway in whole or in part.
14. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, IGNITE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
17. The Giveaway is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Giveaway and these Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Ontario.
18. Deadline Date and Winner Announcement Period
Entries received during or prior to each Entry Period will be eligible for the corresponding Educational Pass set out below:
|Draw Date||Educational Pass||Draw Period|
|April 5, 2019||MPI’s|
World Education Congress
|12:01 AM EST on Oct. 1, 2018|
11:59 PM EST on Apr. 5, 2019
|April 5, 2019||Administrative Professionals|
Conference of Canada
|12:01 AM EST on Oct. 1, 2018|
11:59 PM EST on Apr. 5, 2019
|May 10, 2019||CanSPEP Conference||12:01 AM EST on Oct. 1, 2018|
11:59 PM EST on May 10, 2019
|August 31, 2019||PCMA’s Canadian|
|12:01 AM EST on Oct. 1, 2018|
11:59 PM EST on Aug. 31, 2019
|August 31, 2019||SITE’s Global Conference||12:01 AM EST on Oct. 1, 2018|
11:59 PM EST on Aug. 31, 2019